Alzheimer’s is a chronic or persistent disorder where problems regarding mind and thinking and conduct arise. The symptoms are slow in the beginning but gradually grow over time. The symptoms could be severe with time making daily encounter difficult. It is a kind of memory loss or some chronic memory disorder.
Alzheimer’s is not a side effect of ageing but the greatest risk factor involved here is growing age. But it is not an old age disease. It is a disease that grows over time and symptoms get worse with time. The major factors involved in Alzheimer’s disease are:
- Family history
What are the stages of Alzheimer’s disease?
There are seven stages of Alzheimer’s disease. The early years witness a mild loss in memory and continue with time to lose a person’s ability to respond.
- Stage 1: There is no significant change or symptom in the initial stage that can be observed.
- Stage 2: This includes a slight change in behaviour like forgetting words or misplacing things.
- Stage 3: At this point the person starts forgetting things. This includes asking the same question, again and again, not remembering names or trouble in organizing things.
- Stage 4: In this stage, people usually forget obvious things like things about them, month, date or having trouble in cooking.
- Stage 5: In this stage, people usually forget the time and place where they are. They get trouble in remembering anything or stay confused.
- Stage 5: This stage goes with a severe decline, and people may not even remember the faces of their loved ones. They could also get confused in identifying people.
- Stage 7: This stage gets severe issues, and people find it difficult to cope up with their daily behaviour.
What is the treatment?
Formerly there is no treatment to Alzheimer’s disease because there is no treatment to reverse brain cells. But few therapeutic inventions can make the working and going easy for people. The following elements are helpful for care of Alzheimer’s:
- There should be proper management if any conditions occur alongside Alzheimer’s.
- Day acre activities and programs.
- Support of people around people and support groups.
- Also, some drugs can improve the quality of life.
One can always seek for help if they find any symptoms related to Alzheimer’s disease. The cure for this is not available, but proper care can be taken of people to improve their quality of life. One can see Alzheimer’s studies near me to get effective care and treatment of Alzheimer’s.